The Cinnamon Girl Goes to Sugar Mountain
And so, the circle was almost complete. My girl from my youth took me to see Neil Young for my 50th birthday gift. One of the best I've ever had - she was the very best. Born on my 21st birthday after Jerry and I had decided to live the lyrics to "Comes a Time".
I say almost, because he should have been there. He escaped "The Needle and the Damage Done", and we've got "Staying Power", him and I, "Staying Power, through thick and thin." I was 18 when he first played Neil's album "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" for me. It was the beginning of a very long relationship - with Jerry and with Neil. We aged, and so did he. And now, "it's so hard for me staying here all alone" "because I'm still in love with you, on this Harvest Moon." And he was missed...but my girl with the "Heart of Gold" and I had a wonderful time. Being with her there was connecting the past and the present and all that we have shared between. She has seen us through from "Hank to Hendrix" and "Marilyn to Madonna", and is our "Natural Beauty". I am so grateful to have been able to hear Neil's beautiful, strong voice with her by my side.
So, "Tonight's the Night", not "One of These Days", cause don't you know how "Time Fades Away?"
No comments:
Post a Comment